About this Masterclass
This masterclass is an interactive, two-day course designed to help you build the awareness, agility, and confidence to lead with impact and effectiveness.
What got you here will not get you to where you want to go. This course is designed specifically for Indigenous staff and leaders to rise to greater levels of influence, responsibility, and decision making. It is designed to challenge your assumptions, expand and develop your mindset, skillset, and toolsets to become a more effective leader whilst navigating some of the challenges indigenous professionals can face in the workplace.
You will explore frameworks and tools, master emotional intelligence, develop your unique leadership style, navigate workplace cultural challenges, learn powerful verbal and nonverbal communication skills, exert your personal influence and build a foundation for positive influence and success.
Facilitated in partnership with this incredible organization
AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS LEADERSHIP CENTRE
The Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre unlocks opportunities for Indigenous people of all ages to develop their careers and expand the ways they contribute to the community. They offer specialized training for Indigenous Leadership and mentoring, business governance, and short courses in specific leadership skills and diversity mentoring. Their programs and assessment tasks allow for a wide range of skill sets, learning styles, interests, and preferred means of cultural expression.
Key Course Takeaways
- Understand the value and importance of leadership for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Confidence you need to navigate your role and engage with multiple stakeholders.
- Internalize leadership styles, qualities and behaviours.
- Develop strategic leadership skills that are effective & informed by both Indigenous culture & Western best practice.
- Deepen cultural awareness & identity in the context of business leadership.
- Appreciate challenges & opportunities in future Indigenous leaders.
- Take Away practical skills such as negotiating, problem solving and above-the-line thinking.
- Leverage communication skills for shared understanding and increased impact.
- Develop your unique, authentic leadership style.
- Influence and engage with others with more impact and presence.
- Deepen & broaden your worldview and ability to co-ordinate different perspectives.
- Understand your strengths, blind spots and what is holding you back.
- Appreciate the patterns that define your current state of being.
- Move towards new and powerful ways of fulfilling your purpose.
- Contribute to the development of indigenous leaders and staff within your organisation.
- Current and Future Indigenous Leaders
- Senior Management to CEO
- HR, Diversity and Indigenous Development
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Government departments across all levels
- Community engagement