About this Masterclass
Public Sector leaders face a range of decision-making challenges, especially in the current environment. These issues stem from demands for transparency, diverse stakeholder needs, the constantly evolving political environment and changes in public confidence and trust. These complex environments require sophisticated leadership capabilities that are adaptive, analytical, inclusive and above all, ethical.
This practical, evidence-based masterclass is designed to strengthen your skills, knowledge and attributes as a public sector leader to apply ethical decision making to all contexts consistently.
About your incredible facilitators:
This Masterclass is facilitated in partnership with these two highly experienced ethical leadership educators and consultants.
DR DIMITY PODGER, Director and Principal, Barasa Consulting Group
Dr Dimity Podger has delivered ethical decision making and ethical leadership programs for Public Sector departments, private business, and NGO sector clients for over 10 years. Dimity works with leaders, teams and organisations to build purposeful and values-rich collaborative cultures, by helping them clarify their ethical compasses and bring them to life through behaviours, systems, and culture. In addition to leading Barasa, Dimity co-leads the Leading with Purpose – Harnessing Ethics Short Course for AGSM @UNSW Business School, is an Associate with The Ethics Centre, and is a member of the AICD Corporate Governance Committee. She has published and speaks on these topics such as for the AGSM Professional Forum, ARITA Annual Conference and the ARITA Journal. She holds a doctorate in education for sustainability and learning design qualifications.
TRENT MOY, Principal, Halide
Tony Moy and has a deep understanding of complex organisational cultures and leadership from more than 30 years of both senior line management and consulting roles. He provides independent ethics counsel to leaders and teams across a wide range of sectors and roles. He is a long-term associate of The Ethics Centre, a sessional academic with Australian Catholic University and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Community Directors. He has qualifications in Arts, Marketing and Higher Education
Key Course Takeaways
- Understand workplace characteristics that promote or inhibit ethically resilient cultures
- Strengthen your capacity to lead a culture of ethical decision
- Lead ethical decisions in complex and unpredictable environments
- Achieve impact and innovation through ethical decision-making
- Boost ethical analysis, evaluation, and decision-making skills for individuals
- Build capacity in individuals and teams to take action consistent with ethical intent
Who should attend
- Leaders and managers who guide teams of various sizes and responsibilities within Federal, State and Local Government.
- Individuals new to a leadership role
- Individuals who are looking to strengthen their leadership toolkit