About the Course
In an age of instant communication, the need for public sector agencies to effectively communicate with the wide community cannot be understand. Local communities, small business, the corporate sector, NGOs and various levels of government often all need to be engaged simultaneously to facilitate meaningful service deliver.
Community and Stakeholder Engagement for Government is an interactive course addressing key engagement sticking points for Government. Multi-faceted engagement tasks are challenging, requiring a balance between decisiveness and accommodating multiple points of view. This course will teach participants to incorporate effective community and stakeholder engagement strategies in these situations.
THIS PROGRAM WILL ENABLE PARTICIPANTS TO:
- Understand the fundamental principles of effective stakeholder engagement Identify and manage the risks involved in stakeholder engagement.
- Practically identify key stakeholders and analyse their needs and interests
- Utilise effective techniques for engaging with stakeholders
- Practice effective facilitation and conflict management
- Allocate resources according to project and organisational imperatives
- Apply stakeholder management techniques
through case studies and example
HOW THIS PROGRAM WILL BENEFIT PARTICIPANTS:
- Appreciate the importance of stakeholder engagement in organisational projects
- Take away analytical approaches to stakeholder identification, their needs and relative importance to projects and organisational outcomes
- Stronger skills to plan manage stakeholder engagement processes
- Useful tools for effective facilitation of engagement meetings.
HOW THIS PROGRAM WILL BENEFIT ORGANISATIONS:
- Build staff understanding of effective stakeholder engagement principles and practices
- Ensure the effective application of time and resources used in working with stakeholders
- Enhance organisational awareness of stakeholders and their needs and interests
- Foster capacity to develop, implement and evaluate stakeholder management strategies
About the trainer
Martin Bass has over 20 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, both in his capacities as a local government manager and independent consultant. Martin has developed broad skills and experience in planning, managing and rolling out innovative and effective stakeholder engagement programs. He has a sound understanding of the theoretical and practical elements of stakeholder engagement – particularly within the public sector.
In his consulting role Martin works principally with Local and State Government agencies. He designs and implements stakeholder engagement and strategic planning activities, building staff and agency capacities to manage these processes in-house
Who should attend?
- Engage with communities and stakeholders during their work
- Need the input of communities and stakeholders in their agency planning and decision making
- Need a greater understanding of when and how agencies should engage communities and stakeholders in their planning and decision making
- Play organisational roles in community and stakeholder engagement processes
On Site & In House Training
The benefits of In-House Training solutions are:
- Tailoring content specifically to your organisation
- Save money by eliminating travel, accommodation and group costs
- Reduce administrative and logistical effort
- Qualified trainers who have decades of industry knowledge and experience
- Empowered staff with while they grow as a unified team
Talk to us about an on-site and in-house customised training solution