About the Course
Low EI reinforces uncivil workplace behaviour between colleagues. Those with high emotional intelligence are able to maintain positive mood states due to their ability to regulate or manage emotions. This ensures that emotions can be managed during times of stress and interacting with colleagues.
This one day intensive will give you the skills to communicate effectively in any situation, cultivate relationships, successfully liaise with clients and suppliers and solve a variety of workplace personnel problems. This course will ensure that you leave with the understanding of how to manage emotions and to harness emotions to influence and further your career.
Understand the theoretical principals of EI and recognise your own and other’s emotional triggers. You will be led through interactive, practical exercises on how to perceive, harness and manage your emotions to improve your job performance.
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Understand emotions to improve performance in yourself and others
- Maintain an effective impact on others
- Recognising emotional triggers in yourself and others
- Understanding the physiological responses to stress
- Developing strategies to communicate more effectively
- Become aware of the importance of non-verbal communication
- Build solid relationships through emotional tools and influence effectively Improve observation skills to increase the skills of emotional intelligence
- Manage your emotions, even in stressful situations
with difficult people
About the trainer
Peter Smith is a behaviour change expert. Individuals and organisations rely on him to help them get better results in their business.
Peter is a master facilitator and coach who works at the intersection of neuroscience, emotional intelligence and learning design; the place where behaviour
changes. He believes in doing the work that matters.
This means being real, authentic and responsible for the world around you. He believes business and how people organise themselves around their work, is changing in terms of engagement and accountability.
As business models change no longer is it enough to look after the shareholder and the stakeholder. Organisations must take care of the community and the social and environmental impact of their actions. Purpose before profit is often the most effective way of actually making a profit.
If you want problems solved, you want better decisions made – faster, and you want people to collaborate, to be smart, and creative – That’s what Peter can help you do. When that happens, you and your team get the results you’re after, and find a way to stay sane in the process.
Who should attend?
- CEOs, middle management, line managers and supervisors
- HR and personnel managers
- All levels of general, operations, administration and sales management
- Project managers and team leaders
- Sales and Customer Services Personnel
- All those in a professional setting who aim to improve their assertive communication skills
On-Site and In-House Training
Want this course tailored to your unique issues, delivered on your premises?
The benefits of In-House Training solutions are:
- Tailoring content specifically to your organisation
- Save money by eliminating travel, accommodation and group costs
- Reduce administrative and logistical effort
- Qualified trainers who have decades of industry knowledge and experience
- Empowered staff with while they grow as a unified team
Talk to us about an on-site and in-house customised training solution