Do you check in on yourself? Do you weigh in on how you’re going? What went well? What didn’t? And where you want to go? Career introspection is a necessary exercise that we do not do often enough.
But if you approach taking stock of your professional and personal development in the same efficient way you do business, then you can better figure out the answers to these big questions.
Organising your personal inventory using the classic SWOT tool below will give you a better sense of what you have to offer and how your goals might fit into that. Writing down your own Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats can help you understand who you are in depth, strategise your professional growth and uncover your true potential.
Let’s dive in —
ACTION ITEMS AND GOALS
- Which opportunities should you pursue?
- What activities should you spend more time on?
- Name the things you need to – a) start doing and b) stop doing now?
- What current skills do you need to brush up on?
- What new skills do you need to pick up?